22 December 2009

Golden Globe Thoughts

Here is what I see:

Best Drama-Inglorious and Avatar are shockers. Hurt Locker is one of the best movies I have seen all year. Up in the Air is good, but the hype has it too high. It is not great. No shock with Precious.

Best Comedy/Musical-(500) Days is the critics choice. No shock with The Hangover, it had to be there. I am surprised that The Proposal is not. It's Complicated and Nine are in the 30% range on Rottentomatoes, so, don't think they have a snowball's chance in hell. Julie & Julia, no shock there, it has Streep.

As for the acting, I am shocked to see Meryl Streep double nominated against herself. Too many Indie film acting nominations. What does that say about the films that are nominated? They are great films, but the acting is not great? Robert Downey? Really? Sherlock?

No shockers in the Directing.

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is the only one out there in the Animated. No Christmas Carol? Planet 51? I mean, come on.

TV-I can tell you will win.

Drama-Mad Men
Comedy-Glee or Modern Family, probably Glee
Actor Drama-Simon Baker or Jon Hamm
Actor Comdey-Alec Baldwin
Actress Drama-Julianna Marguiles
Actress Comedy-Edie Falco might upset Tina Fey, might
Supporting Actor-Lithgow might upset Piven, probably will happen
Supporting Actress-Jane Lynch or Adams. Too close to call.

No idea on the Mini-Series crap.

There you have it. I took this way too far, but that is what I do.

No comments: